Originally from Northern Illinois, Jenna Janson developed the hopeless optimism of a Cubs fan and an affinity for beautiful buildings. She has been making her way south, stopping first in Saint Louis where she fell in love with toasted ravioli, not to mention her future husband, Wes. After spending time in Austin and Boston, Jenna and Wes settled in the Dallas area in 2012. When not taking hiking-centric vacations, they are enjoying the daily adventures of life with their twin boys, baby girl, and 80-pound lab.
Jenna has been practicing architecture for over 10 years in a variety of project types from residential, to commercial and hospitality, and back. She finds joy in designing custom homes where the process is new every time because each client is unique.
- SHM Architects - Dallas, TX
Architect and Studio Manager, June 2012 - April 2018
- HDS Architecture - Cambridge, MA
Project Manager, March 2011 - June 2012
- Michael Hsu Office of Architecture - Austin, TX
Junior Project Manager, January 2009 - July 2010
- Repholz Studio - Crystal Lake, IL
Intern Architect, May 2007 - August 2008
- Masters in Architecture, Emphasis in Sustainable Design
University of Texas, 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Washington University in St. Louis, 2007
- Registered Architect
- LEED™ Green Associate
- AIA Emerging Leaders Program
- Habitat for Humanity
It doesn’t take long to figure out Christi’s roots are planted in the Deep South; she is a native of Birmingham, Alabama and has the accent to prove it. She attended Mississippi State University where she met her husband Andrew, who is a landscape architect.
Her biggest passion is travel, which led her and Andrew to quit their jobs in 2010 and backpack around the world. During this time, they traveled through Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. She would consider her top places visited to include Petra, Jordan (one of the greatest ancient architecture ruins in the world) and Machu Picchu (in Cusco, Peru). When she is not traveling you can find her outside with her family and friends, eating, or running/walking on the Katy Trail.
Christi has an extensive background in architecture (both commercial and residential) and has known she wanted to be an architect since 7th grade. She considers herself a minimalist and loves the mix of classical forms with modern ideas. She is very passionate about everything she does and strives to produce the best architecture for every project, regardless of type, size or cost.
- SHM Architects - Dallas, TX
Studio Manager and Designer, October 2013 - April 2018
- Shipley Architects - Dallas, TX
Project Manager, August 2011 - October 2013
- NIMMO Architecture - Dallas, TX
Intern Architect, April 2011 - August 2011
- WFT Architect P.A. - Jackson, MS
Intern Architect, July 2008 - April 2010
- Pryor and Morrow Architects - Columbus, MS
Intern Architect, May 2006 - May 2007
- Bachelor of Architecture
Mississippi State University, 2008
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2014 - Texas Architect-Noted for collaboration with Dan Shipley on featured residence
- 2011 and 2009 - AIA Art by Architects-Photography selected
- 2008 - Ghost Lab - Awarded traveling fellowship to attend